Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Choffy Syrup- a healthier pancake with a little bit of chocolate and a tasty syrup makes for a pretty fabulous breakfast or brunch!
I love this pancake base, it doesn’t use any oil but instead greek yogurt for moisture AND I can promise you that no one will ever guess! They are moist, fluffy, and SO good 🙂
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cups strong brewed IC Dark Chocolate, cooled
- 1 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Choffy Syrup:
- 10 oz strong brewed IC Dark Choffy
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sea salt, coconut sugar; mix to combine.
- In additional small mixing bowl combine cooled IC Dark Choffy, greek yogurt, eggs; whisk to combine.
- Make a well in center of dry mixture, add wet; mix until just incorporated- do not over mix.
- (small lumps are expected)
- Add mini chocolate chips and gently fold into batter.
- Coat griddle with cooking spray, place griddle over medium heat, once pan is hot add ⅓ C batter per pancake, when small bubbles appear flip to cook other side.
- Remove from heat and repeat for additional pancakes.
- Choffy Syrup:
- In a small sauce pan combine all ingredients, place over medium low heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 3-4 minutes to slightly reduce.
- Serve with Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Enjoy these quick and easy Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Choffy Syrup today.
Happy St. Patties Day! I hope you get lots of kisses and not a single pinch 🙂
Much Love and Peace~