PB&J Muffins are a fun weekend breakfast for the kids!
Some of my fondest memories from childhood include a good PB&J sandwich! I loved them SO much… actually I still love them so much 🙂
PB&J Muffins are a spin off that classic sandwich combination, just a little more sophisticated in muffin form.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter
- ⅔ cup lowfat buttermilk, room temperature
- ⅓ cup applesauce, room temperature
- ⅓ C coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ½ cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- 48 peanuts, to garnish
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar,and sea salt; whisk to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl combine buttermilk, applesauce, coconut oil, eggs, and peanut butter; mix to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in wet, stir until just incorporated.
- (don't over mix)
- Divide batter into liners; filling about ⅔ the way full.
- Add teaspoon of jam on top of each muffin, gently swirl into batter.
- Lightly press whole peanuts on top to garnish, if desired.
- Bake 13-17 minutes until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center removes clean.
- Cool on cooling rack.
PB&J Muffins will make all the kids and adults in your life very happy! They’re delicious.
Serve them up with a tall glass of milk and a bowl of fruit and you’ve got the makings of a delightful breakfast.
YAY it’s Friday!! I hope you and your families have a lovely weekend 🙂
Much Love and Peace~