The Holiday Feasting has commenced, which leaves most of us with leftovers in our fridges. At our house my family enjoys a day or two of leftover turkey and then it starts losing some of its appeal. That’s when the creative recipe ideas that use up leftover turkey start making an appearance in my kitchen…
A Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath is a fabulous way to disguise that ‘leftover turkey’ and no one will ever suspect a thing!
You’ll be so happy with this simple-to-make dinner recipe that’s just perfect for this busy time of year. AND the best part is it looks stunning and seasonal! Edible centerpieces are the best, people!
This recipe combines the Swanson® Louisiana Cajun Flavor Infused Broth and the Reduced Fat Cream Starter, which I love them both! They’re packed full of fabulous flavors plus, in those ready to use packages which makes cooking so much easier
- 2 (8oz) cans refrigerated low-fat crescent rolls
- ½ C onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C Swanson louisianna cajun flavor infused broth
- ¾ C Swanson reduced fat cream starter
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ C celery, diced
- 3 Tbsp snipped parsley
- ¾ C dried cranberries
- ¼ C walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg white with 1 tsp water; mixed
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat, add olive oil; heat until almost hits smoke point.
- Add onions and stir rapidly, cook 2 minutes until browned, add ¼ C Swanson louisianna cajun flavor infused broth- making sure to scrape up flavor from bottom of pan.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, add additional ¼ C broth, scraping pan.
- Add dijon mustard, turkey, cranberry, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining broth and cook until almost dry.
- Add add Swanson reduced fat cream starter, stirring.
- Add walnuts, celery, and parsley; stir to coat and cook 1-2 minutes more until thickened.
- Unroll crescent dough, with wide edge to the center of the pan, take 8 pieces and form a circle, corners overlapping about 1 inch.
- With the remaining 8 pieces; match the wide edge on the inside, slightly over lapping.
- Seal center seem using small rolling pin or fingers.
- Scoop mixture into the center of the dough making a circle.
- Beginning in the center, lift one dough triangle across filling mixture.
- Then bring the outer triangle to overlap, tuck under.
- Continue around the wreath.
- Brush egg white over the dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Follow the directions for making the filling. It’s just a few minutes on the stove and then our creamy filling is ready to make our savory wreath.
I don’t like to over cooked vegetables… I added the celery and parsley right at the end and then just tossed to coat- the time in the oven will give them the perfect degree of doneness!
The crescent rolls need to be placed in a circle. I used my pizza stone but using a half sheet pan can work too.
Add in the filing and cross over the edges of the crescent rolls as instructed. Our Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath is that simple to make.
I love all the Holiday Feasting at this time of year! Happy Cooking.
This blog post is sponsored by Swanson®