I love peaches fresh off the tree and around our neck of the woods that time is almost done for this year, BUT I was lucky enough to find a few at a local produce stand last week.
Baked French Toast with Peaches and Butter Syrup are so amazing with or without any fruit.
The possibilities are endless- add seasonal fruit or berries or the Baked French Toasts all by itself is just wonderful too 🙂
- French Toast:
- 12-14 slices of soft white bread
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- ½ C butter, sliced
- ¼ C syrup
- 1 C brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ C milk
- Butter Syrup:
- 1 C butter
- 1½ C sugar
- 2 Tbsp karo syrup
- ¾ C buttermilk
- 1 tsp soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 peaches, chunked
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- French Toast:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large casserole pan add sliced butter, syrup, brown sugar.
- Place in oven, melt together for 5-7 minutes until caramelized, stirring once.
- Spread cream cheese on half of the bread slices, place additional slice on top sandwich style.
- Set aside. In small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl scramble eggs, add milk, add vanilla.
- When butter mixture is caramelized, remove from oven, put sandwiches in pan, sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pour egg mixture over sandwiches, cover, refrigerate over night.
- In the morning preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Serve caramel side up.
- Combine butter, sugar, karo, adn buttermilk in a large stock pot.
- Bring to boil; boil while constantly stirring 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and soda (soda will make it foam) remove from heat, serve.
- (make ahead and rewarm if desired)
- Combine peaches, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes, toss when ready to serve.
- Cut french toasts on the diagonal, serve with peaches and syrup.
Baked French Toast with Peaches and Butter Syrup is definately a decadent breakfast that’s wonderful for celebration any occasion in your life.