Happy Sunny Summer-time everybody!
I’m SO thrilled to be enjoying some warm weather again… it just makes my little ole’ heart very happy!
Need to cool off a little bit this summer? Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwich will do the trick… festive, refreshing, and the perfect fix for that sweet tooth too
- ⅔ cup shortening
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 12 oz chocolate chips (I used a mixture of cherry, white, and semi-sweet chips)
- ½ gal vanilla icecream
- patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Blend the shortening, butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt; mix.
- Add 1 C flour at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Add a little more flour if necessary until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips, gently mix until distributed.
- Using a large cookie scoop place 12 cookies on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Place one icecream scoop on 12 cookies, place another cookie on top of icecream, press to stick to icecream.
- Place in freezer, covered until serving.
- Before serving place sprinkles in shallow bowl, roll sides of icecream into sprinkles to coat. (if needed using fingers to assist and I found that larger sized sprinkles worked better)
- Serve within 12 hours of preparing sandwiches.
*this cookie recipe is from my BFF Carol Ray and they’re fabulous
Here are a couple of other delicious summer recipes you’ll like too…
I hope you enjoy a wonderful summer with family and friends and lots of fun in the sun
Happy Cooking and Happy Monday!
PS- I shared this recipe over at the36thAVENUE too