Happy Memorial Day!! I hope you’ve had a relaxing and enjoyable 3-day weekend 🙂
Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer, right! It’s time for back yard get togethers and some fun in the sun.
These Cherry BBQ Beef Sliders will totally be a crowd-pleaser this summer!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C beef broth
- ¾ C dried cherries, chopped
- ¼ C cherry preserves
- 1 C bbq sauce (I like sweet baby rays)
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 springs of fresh thyme
- 2 lbs thinly sliced beef (i used mongolian sliced)
- 12 pretzel slider rolls
- Coat slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Preheat on high.
- Heat saute pan over medium high heat, add oil, add onions; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring until onions are browned and aromatic.
- Put onion in slow cooker, deglaze pan by pouring beef broth into pan, cooke 2 minutes while stirring to scape up flavor bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine.
- Cook high 3 hours, low 6 hours.
- Before serving, shred beef with 2 forks, stir.
- Serve on buns with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
I can’t get enough of these Cherry BBQ Beef Sliders… I’m completely in love with dried cherries! Mmmmm hmmm. Love them 🙂
Happy Memorial Day!
PS- I shared this recipe over at Beneath my Heart too 🙂