I love having Jen from Bakerette come and visit… she always brings delicious recipes to share 🙂
Today’s recipe is right up my alley… Oh my. I love, love, love all of these ingredient! YUM.
I won’t keep ya waiting any longer… Enjoy!
Kick your garlic bread up a notch with this Caprese Garlic Bread…
This bread is totally worth every artery-clogging bite of cheese and butter! The killer part is completely negated with healthy garlic, tomatoes, herbs and spices and an amazing balsamic glaze! (Yep, I’m so good at rationalizing!)
I love to eat Caprese Garlic Bread with a nice, large salad, but it’s equally delicious with any Italian dish of your choice.
- 1 loaf French bread, horizontally cut in half
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar, reduced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place both sides of French bread on large baking sheet cut side up.
- In a small bowl, whip together butter, Italian seasoning and garlic and spread evenly over bread halves. Line bread with mozzarella cheese slices and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, reduce balsamic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring often, until vinegar is reduced in half or until vinegar is thick enough to coat the back end of a spoon.
- Remove bread from oven, line with tomato slices, season with salt and pepper and basil. Drizzle with reduced balsamic glaze. Cut into 3-inch slices and serve.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other recipes at Bakerette.com. Just click on the pics for the recipes:
xoxo~ Jen and Ruthie