Happy Friday!! Yay… so happy the weekend is here 🙂
You MUST make this Gooey-licious Caramel Corn the next time you sit down to watch a movie with the family. It’s sure to make the whole gang happy… YUMMO!
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 14 ounce can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Karo syrup (light corn syrup)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup of unpopped popcorn
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pop your popcorn in an air popper machine. (I had to do two batches)
- Cook the brown sugar, Karo syrup, and ½ cup of butter over the stove on medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir continually for about 3 to 4 minutes until it gets to the soft ball stage (it clings together when you drop some in cold water).
- It will burn if you cook it too long, so make sure you are stirring continuously and watch it closely.
- When it is finished cooking, take your pot off the stove and pour the caramel sauce over your air popped popcorn.
- Mix until all the popcorn is completely coated.
- You will need a very large bowl to mix it all together
* I adapted this recipe from Six Sisters Stuff
Gooey-licious Caramel Corn is not your “normal” caramel corn recipe… it’s the gooey-est, yummy-est, best-est Caramel Corn you’ll ever taste 🙂
AND I’m one of the happiest campers you’ve ever seen… my finals are over and I’m officially on Summer Break! Yay!!!
I love Culinary School so much but it’s time for a little breather… WHEW. One more year to go and then I’m officially a Chef. Awesome!