I love this recipe… love, love, love it! It’s one I grew up on and from my Grandma Betty- you know these ‘special recipes’ are a piece of family history that pass down through the generations.
Grandma Betty’s Baked Beans are the perfect addition to any BBQ style meal and with the weather getting warmer- we’ll all be gettin’ our grillin’ on!
- 1 (16oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (16oz) can great northern beans
- 1 (16oz) can pork and beans
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb turkey bacon, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ C onion, diced
- ½ C ketchup
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- ½ C molasses
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a stock pot or ceramic dutch oven, add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add turkey bacon and cook 2-3 minutes, add ground turkey and cook through.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses; stir.
- Add beans, salt, mustard; stir to combine.
- Cover with lid.
- Place in oven and bake for 1½ hours; stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Here’s a quick little tip from my Kitchen Tip Series…
I’ve skinned up Grandma Betty’s Baked Beans a little bit but, you’d never know it 🙂
I just love y’all so much AND can’t thank you enough for keeping up with all the cooking and fun stuff we have going on here.
Happy Tuesday everybody!