We are baking up some chocolate love with Liz from A Sweet Baker today!
My mouth is watering over her Almond Cheesecake Swirled Brownies… YUM!
I’ve loved having Liz as a contributor and this is her last post! I’ll miss her and can’t thank her enough for being a part of our Creative Team.
I won’t keep you waiting and turn it on over to her…
This month I’ve got another delicious recipe for you with these Almond Cheesecake Swirled Brownies. This post is bitter sweet, however, because it’s my last one as a monthly contributor on What’s Cooking with Ruthie. Although I’ve loved my time here I have decided to make a few changes in my life and make more time for my family.
I know a lot of people say “I don’t have enough time”, or “My plate is too full” but for me none of those are true. I have extra time to be a contributor and work on my own blog, I just choose not to. I want my time to do other things like take more photography courses, play with my kids outside and start exercising more. With the warmer weather starting I want to be outside rather than inside on a computer.
There’s always things we take on and enjoy but sometimes we have to let them go. For me, this is one of them. I’ve enjoyed my time here and Ruthie has been very supportive and great to work with. It was a pleasure working with her!
Thanks for joining me every month!
- For the Brownie batter:
- ½ cup salted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 and ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Cheesecake batter:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅛ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Line an 8X8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat chocolate and butter together until both are melted and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Once chocolate is cooled add sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and salt and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and almond extract. Mix until light and creamy.
- Using a large spoon, drop cream cheese mixture in dollops on top of the brownie batter. Using a wooden skewer, mix cream cheese mixture into brownie mixture, making swirling motions to add a design.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out almost clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Here are a few other delicious recipes from Liz…
Thank you so much to Liz for sharing her Almond Cheesecake Swirled Brownies with us… these bars will be baking in my oven soon!
Happy Wednesday and Happy Baking!
xoxo~ Liz and Ruthie