Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels is here with us today!
I love Cheesecake and she’s brought a yummy Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes to share with us today!
I’ll turn in over to her…
Okay, folks, there’s no denying that this week is all about love, love, love…..or in my case, bake until my lips pucker from all the sweet taste testings.
Not only is it Valentine’s week, which means class parties, sweets for your sweets at home, etc, etc, but in my case, we have like 6 birthdays this week at work. I don’t normally bake for every birthday in the office, but since my little Boogeyman Hunter is a February baby, I am partial to the Aquarian folk and like to make something sweet for them, too.
I may be wrong, but I’m sure that the middle-agers in my office will appreciate cheesecakes far more than a class full of five year-olds, so I skipped the cookies and cake and made “cupcakes” except these were kicked way up a notch as little cheesecakes passed off as cupcakes. Boy, were they ever excited!!!
So with all that, may I present to you Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes. May they be the sweet for your sweets, the “Hey, everyone is bound to love these, so I will make them for my child’s class”, or perhaps the “To heck with everyone else, I’m my own sweet and this sweet is for me”.
- For the crust
- ¾ cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- For the filling -
- 2 packages ⅓ reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- lemon zest of ½ lemon (or 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons frozen strawberries in sugar, thawed and pureed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Combine crushed vanilla wafers, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until fully combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of crust mixture into bottom of each cupcake liner. Using the bottom of a glass shot glass, press crust into bottom of liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla and lemon zest and combine. Add eggs one at a time. Fully combine each egg before adding second egg.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture to each cupcake liner. Drop 5 small drops of strawberry puree to the top of the cheesecake mixture. Using a toothpick, swirl the puree into the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until center has set. Remove from oven and let cheesecakes come to room temperature. Let chill for 3-4 hours at a minimum or for best results overnight.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day however you choose to celebrate it (pretty sure ours is takeout, popcorn and our family piled up on the couch)!!!
Love love? Love sweets? Here are a few more confections for Valentine’s Day:
Thank you for having me back again at What’s Cooking with Ruthie!! I will see you next month with a little Luck o’ the Irish for St. Patrick’s Day!!!
Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels
I’m so glad to have Amanda on our creative team! A huge a thanks to Amanda for coming to share her Valentine’s Day inspired baking recipes!