Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels is here to visit with us today…. I love having her come and share delicious recipes with us each month!
She’s made some mouth-watering Easy Homemade Rosemary Garlic Biscuits.
I won’t keep you waiting any longer…
Happy January, y’all!!! It’s Amanda from High Heels to Hot Wheels back again! I can’t believe it is a new year already. Now, I know that we all have LOTS of resolutions that probably cut out breads, pastas, sweets, fried foods and on and on and on, but no matter what kind of diet you are on, there are just a few things that you always need to know how to make.
In the South, you can’t host a proper breakfast without biscuits. Sure you can grab a can, pop it open (which is pretty fun to do), lay them out on a baking sheet and watch them rise, but why not make them homemade especially when they are this easy.
Of course, buttery, flaky, buttermilk biscuits are best, but these biscuits made with shortening, milk and few added ingredients for flavor are pretty tasty, too. If you’re not from the South and not even sure what a biscuit is or why they are all the rage south of the Mason Dixon, I urge you give this recipe a try and put them on your breakfast table. Your family and friends will thank you and just might add a little twang to their talk!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and rosemary. Using a whisk, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the shortening. Using a fork mix together flour mixture and shortening by pressing it against the side of the bowl until the mixture becomes crumbly and there are no large clumps of shortening. Add milk and stir using the fork. The dough should pull away from the bowl. Form into a ball.
- Flour a wooden cutting board or other flat surface. Roll out biscuit dough to about ½" thickness. Using a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter or small bowl, press out biscuits. Place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 12 minutes or until top is golden. Serve tomato jam, pepper jelly or top with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon for a tasty breakfast sandwich.
If you like this breakfast recipe, you might like to try one of these for your next family breakfast:
Thanks so much for welcoming me back every month!! I will see you guys next month with a sweet treat for Valentine’s Day!!
Don’t you agree that all of Amanda’s breakfast recipes look so perfect for a weekend brunch!
I can’t thank Amanda enough for being apart of our Creative Team. I just love all our contributors… they rock!
xoxo~ Amanda and Ruthie