Our zucchini plants bit the dust about a little over a week ago with a hard frost… but, I grabbed the last of them just in time to make this delicious cake.
Grams Chocolate Zucchini Cake is simply a must-have every year!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbls cocoa
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
- 1¼ C sugar
- ½ C canola oil
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ C sour milk (add a ½ tsp of vinegar in the milk to sour)
- 2 ½ C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t sea salt
- 2 C finely shredded zucchini with juice
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- ½ c nuts (opt)
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Coat a 10x13 cake pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter, add cocoa and whisk well; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl add egg and egg whites (beat until frothy) and sugar, mix approx 4 min until thick and light in color.
- Slowly drizzle oil into batter.
- Add vanilla and milk.
- Add 1 C of flour at a time, mixing with each addition.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to wet ingredients; mix until combined.
- Add zucchini with liquid last; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into 10x13 cake pan.
- Top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for 40-45 min until inserted toothpick removes clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
Grams Chocolate Zucchini Cake is one of the first recipes I shared when I started my blog… I figured it was time to repost it with a much better photo 🙂
Most people don’t have a clue that there’s any zucchini in this cake… unless you look really close, you can’t even tell. Perfect way to get picky kids to eat vegetables, right?!
I hope your weekend was a lot of fun! I loved having a few extra days to relax with the kiddos and I all having Fall Break, naturally it went way too fast.