At our house we love banana’s- in fact I have to keep them stocked up just like milk or my kids think it’s time to go to the store!
BUT, every once in awhile… some of our banana’s get a little too ripe.
I like to save the over-ripe ones to make these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Cookies!
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp neufatchel cream cheese
- ½ C granulated sugar
- ½ C brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ C mashed overripe banana (approx 1)
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl; combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and banana; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Hand stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and set.
* I adapted and skinnied this cookie recipe from Six Sisters’ Stuff.com
Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect recipe to use up those over-ripe bananas!
I hope you all love these cookies as much as we do… they freeze really well too!
Here are some other yummy recipes from the past little while…
I shared this recipe over a the 36th AVENUE last week and so I wanted to make and share it with all of you too!
I hope your Thursday is great- our weather was chilly the past few days but it looks like we are headed back to some warmer days! YAY!! Time to get that garden planted 🙂