Mexican Cornbread Pie is a delicious twist on the classic cornbread- turns it into a one pot dinner!
- 2 packages (boxes) Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 can cream style corn
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeño peppers (without the seeds)
- 1½ to 2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- ¼ pound crumbled bacon
- ½ pound browned pork sausage
- ½ pound browned ground beef
- ½ tsp garlic powder or chili powder
- sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease a 9” skillet pan.
- Brown hamburger on medium high and drain.
- Sauté onions in meat; add peppers and bacon then set aside.
- Combine muffin mix, eggs, milk, corn, and chili powder.
- Blend well.
- Pour half of batter into prepared skillet.
- Spread meat mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread remaining batter over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream
Mexican Cornbread Pie has a little bit of kick to it but don’t be afraid of the jalapeños… the corn bread calms them right down and it’s just plain delicious!
I hope you had a lovely weekend… I’ve been soaking up some ray’s here in Las Vegas! Connect with me on my Social Media to keep up with all our Vegas fun 🙂
Have an awesome Monday!