I thought it would be fun to Celebrate Spring on the blog today with these cute Spring Rice Krispie Treat Nests!
I am SO excited to be getting some warmer weather these days! Spring could not have come fast enough for me this year…
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 1 C sweetened coconut
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 36 mini cadbury eggs
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Pour coconut in small mixing bowl, add green food coloring drops; mix well.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix well.
- Spray hands with cooking spray, divide batter between 12 muffin cups, lightly press center with a cookie scoop to hollow out and shape nest.
- Fill center of nests with coconut.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Place 3 mini cadbury eggs on each nest.
Spring Rice Krispie Treat Nests are simple enough to make with the kids AND a fun little treat to spread some Springtime Celebration around with too 🙂
I’ll be taking some of ours with dinner tonight to my good friend, Jacquie, she just gave birth to a sweet baby boy! So exciting.
Happy Monday and Happy Spring!