Have you heard of Cafe Rio? It’s an awesome little Tex-mex joint that has a super delicious Sweet Pork. So, when my little sister gave me this recipe about 6 years ago- I was thrilled! I love this stuff and it’s so easy to make you’ll be thrilled!
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat) is a crock-pot dinner that is so versatile, you can make burritos, tacos, nachos… even throw this Sweet Pork on a salad and you’ll be in love with it!
- 1 (4-5lb) boneless pork roast
- 1½ cans of coke a cola
- 1 C sugar
- 1 8oz can chipolte chili in adobo sauce, use sauce and 1 chili deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Remove webbing from roast (it may be in 2 sections), brown roast in a frying pan 5 minutes each side.
- Place roast in crock-pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, pour over roast, cover.
- Cook for 7-9 hours on low or 3½ -4½ hours on high.
- Shred with 2 forks, place meat back in the juice in crock-pot so it remains moist. Serve as tacos, burritos, nachos, or on a salad.
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat) is a simple dinner that the whole family will completely LOVE and a bonus… it makes a ton and freezes just fine too so you can enjoy this tasty dinner more than once 🙂