- 6 chicken breasts (put chicken in thawed if frozen)
- 2 packets of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- ½ C water
- 1 neufatchel cream cheese (lowfat)
- 6 servings whole grain noodles or brown rice, cooked according to package
- garnish with green onion, if desired
- Place first 3 ingredients in slow cooker, cook on low 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- (Stir occasionally if you’re around)
- When ready to serve shred the chicken with two forks; reserve ⅓ of chicken for additional recipe.
- Add the neufatchel cream cheese into slow cooker; allow to melt in while preparing noodles or rice.
- Stir in cream cheese until completely incorporated.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Use the reserved shredded chicken from this recipe in this delicious Italian Artichoke Chicken Pasta ! I even freeze the chicken in a freezer bag and pull it out later when I need a quick and easy dinner.
Italian Chicken is a dish the whole family will love- at least we’re huge fans