Red Velvet Cake always remind me of Valentines Day and of course, cupcakes are easy to share!
(I found those cute little silicone tea cup holders at the local Wal-mart… they’ll look just as cute in regular cupcake liners though too.)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes:
- 2½ C flour
- ½ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ C butter, softened
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- 2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 C lowfat sour cream
- 1 bottle (1 oz) red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8oz) neufatchel cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp lowfat sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powdered sugar
- desired sprinkles
- Cup Cakes:
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, in a medium sized mixing bowl; mix well. In a large mixing bowl combine butter, cream cheese and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating well with each addition.
- Add sour cream, food coloring, vanilla; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients 1 C at a time; mixing well with each addition.
- Mix just until incorporated.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese and butter; mix well.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; mixing until incorporated with each addition. Using a 1M Wilton Star tip and a large piping bag; begin piping at the outer edge and circle frosting into the center.
- Garnish with desired sprinkles.
While we are thinking of yummy Valentine’s Treats- here a couple more from my blog for you to enjoy…
Bake up some Red Velvet Cupcakes this year and I hope you enjoy all of these fun Valentines Baking ideas 🙂
Oh and…. Thanks for being patient while my site has been transferring over to a new server… it should be lickity-split quicker now! (Look for more improvements over the next few weeks!)
Yay! It’s Friday… let the weekend begin!!