Valentines is quickly approaching and look how quick and easy these Valentine Sweet Heart Rice Krispie Treats are –they’re super fun to make with the kids and they’ll help spread a little of that Valentine love around 🙂
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate almond bark
- ½ C red chocolate disks (or red chocolate chips)
- Spray a 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix well.
- Pour into baking dish, wet hand with water to press flat into dish.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- In a small microwave dish melt red chocolate, place in ziplock baggie, zip closed, snip very small end off of baggies corner.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt half of white chocolate (work with half of treats at time for marbling) according to package directions.
- Evenly spread on half of rice krispie treats, place pea sizes dot of red chocolate on white chocolate and using a toothpick pull the ends of dots for a marbled effect.
- Work quickly so it won’t dry.
- Repeat on second half of rice krispie treats.
- Allow to cool, then cut with heart shaped cookie cutter, if cutter is too thin to cut through completely, finish cutting with a knife.
Sweet Heart Rice Krispie Treats these are SO simple to make and every bit as delicious to eat!
And while were thinking about yummy Valentine Recipe ideas… here are a couple of other recipes you may enjoy:
I shared this recipe over at Or so she Says a few weeks ago… have you seen Mariel’s blog? You must! She’s so awesome and you’ll just love her just as much as I do 🙂
Happy Tuesday and Happy Cooking 🙂