Lately, we’ve had some crazy cold weather around our neck of the woods- which put me in the mood to share something warm and cozy t0day! I hope this soup recipe will hit that warm and cozy spot for all of you too… Chicken Pot Pie Soup! YUM!!
- 1 disk refrigerated pie dough
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp plus a pinch of poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ C flour
- 2 C water
- 3 C chicken broth (or 3 C water and 3 chicken bouillons)
- 1 C half and half
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 (10oz) package frozen mixed peas and carrots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of poultry seasoning; cut into 6 triangles.
- Bake until puffed and golden about 10 minutes.
- In a large stock pot melt butter, add chicken, cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken to small bowl and set aside.
- Add celery, onion, flour, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp poultry seasoning to stock pot. Cook stirring 1 minute.
- Stir in 2 C water, broth, half and half, potatoes; cover and bring to simmer. Simmer partially covered for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and frozen peas and carrots.
- Return to boil for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide among 6 bowls and top with pie crust triangle.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a delicious soup that will be sure to please the whole family plus it’s quick and easy to throw together for a week night supper!
While we are thinking about warm and cozy soup recipes– here are a couple more for you to enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a savory-hearty-stick to your ribs kind of soup AND I hope you completely enjoy every last bite 🙂 Stay in from the cold too! Brrrr
Oh and… I shared this recipe over at the36thAVENUE.com last week with Desiree and all of her friends. If you haven’t been over to see her- make sure to visit and check out all of Desiree’s awesomeness!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!