These Festive Ginger Snap Cookies are one of our families long time favorite recipes during the Holidays! You’ll love them. They also become beautifully Festive when you dip them in White Chocolate and add some Holiday Sprinkles!
Festive Ginger Snap Cookies are a fun little twist on a traditional Christmas Cookie! They’re perfect to make with kids and leave some out for Santa on Christmas Eve too!
While we’re thinking about fun Holiday recipes here are couple of others for you to enjoy!
I was featured with this recipe over at Skip to my Lou.net last weekend but I wanted to make sure and get these yummy cookies shared with all of you before the Holidays were completely under way!
Happy Christmas Eve…
I hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas Day!
- 4½ C all purpose flour
- 2 C brown sugar
- 1½ C shortening or oil
- ½ C light molasses (if you can only find full flavor use ¼ C honey and ¼ full flavor molasses)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ C sugar (to roll in)
- 1 (24oz) white almond bark
- Holiday sprinkles
- wax paper
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, eggs, molasses; mix well.
- Add oil, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves; mix well.
- Add flour 1 C at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Using a small cookie scoop or making 1 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on a un-greased cookies sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes tops will crack.
- Cool on rack.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions (I use microwave), using a spoon to help cover each cookie half way, place on waxed paper, add sprinkles, allow to dry completely.