Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Cranberry Syrup...
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 12 slices french bread, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 (8oz) neufatchel cream cheese
- ½ C mascarpone cheese (4 oz)
- ½ C pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 C low fat milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- parchment paper
- 1 C fresh cranberries
- 2 C maple syrup
- ¾ tsp orange zest
- French Toast:
- In a 10x14 baking dish place a piece of parchment paper (to prevent sticking while turning during baking). Place 6 pieces of french bread in the bottom of baking pan. In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, mascarpone, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, ¼ tsp sea salt. Mix until incorporated. Spread mixture on each slice of french bread, distributing evenly. Place additional piece of bread on top. Mix eggs, milk, salt in a small mixing bowl and evenly pour over pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 12-24 hours. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 1 hour-1 hour 10 minutes. Using a large spatula carefully turn each stack over every 20 minutes to brown on all sides and ensure uniform baking. Serve warm with Cranberry Syrup.
- In a medium sauce pan pour syrup, add orange zest, bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Add cranberries and cook 8 minutes until berries burst and juices run. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Delicious!
* I adapted the Marscapone-Stuffed French Bread from BHG Make ahead Holiday recipes 2011
Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Cranberry Syrup… is completely delightful! It tastes amazing and our whole family loved it. That Cranberry Syrup is simply fabulous too