Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies
- 1 (15.25) devils food cake mix
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp fat free cream cheese
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp peppermint flavoring
- 24 mini candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 24 mini candy canes in pint sized freezer bag, crush with the back of a spoon.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine butter and cream cheese, microwave for 15 seconds, stir.
- Repeat until butter is melted and cream cheese is soft.
- Add cake mix, stir well.
- Add eggs and peppermint, stir until forms a soft dough.
- In a small mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and cornstarch, mix.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (a small cookie scoop works well) into powdered sugar; 1 at a time, roll dough to coat, remove and place onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into the center of each cookie, making a large indent.
- Fill with crushed candy canes.
- Bake 9-10 minutes, until cracked. Let rest 1 minute on pan, sprinkle center with additional crushed candy cane if desired, remove cookies to cooling rack.
Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies are a skinny version of a quick and easy cake mix cookie! I promise you won’t miss a single calorie replacing half the butter with fat free cream cheese
I’m trying to get into the swing of Christmas around here… I hope you got all your shopping done AND now you can just relax and enjoy the Holiday Season! Me? Haven’t even gotten one gift… yes, I gotta get busy.