Pumpkin Pie Cake
Pumpkin Pie Cake is every bit as good as your imagining right now! My friend, Debbie brought this delicious dessert to Bunco last week AND it was so delicious, I had to bring a piece home to share with all of you!
Debbie was happy to share the recipe and also told me she really likes this version because it has a both a top and bottom crust. She also added pecans to half of the cake which I thought was absolutely yummy 🙂
- Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1 (18 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ C butter, melted
- 1 (29 oz) canned mashed pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ½ C white sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅔ C evaporated milk
- ¼ C butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- ½ C pecan pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cooking spray and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Reserve 1 C of cake mix from package.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg.
- Press mixture in the bottom of pan and up the sides to form a crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, white sugar, cinnamon, and evaporated milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cake mix.
- Cut in butter using two knives or a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the filling.
- Top with pecans if desired.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Pumpkin Pie Cake… is a delightful fall dessert that would be fun to take to any occasion this time of year. I’m going to have to think some place to take it just so I can make one myself- it is SO good 🙂
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Here are some other delicious fall inspired dessert recipes:
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies