Skinny Pumpkin Bars
- 3⅓ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs and 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 (15oz) can mashed pumpkin
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars; mix 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating and scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add egg whites; mix 2 minutes.
- Add applesauce and pumpkin; mix until incorporates.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread into prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and Enjoy!
Skinny Pumpkin Bars… are just going to please you in so many ways! You’ll be so happy you gave them a try and you’ll have enough to share with your favorite neighbors too
Happy Fall to all of you and thanks so much for reading my blog. I’ve been thinking lately that it would be a lot of fun to try some of YOUR family favorite recipes…
I’ll make and blog and credit them to you and be sure to tell me a little bit about the history behind the recipe and why it’s a family fave! If you’d like to share any recipes, just email me at… email@example.com. Wouldn’t it be a lot of fun to ‘share a little cooking love’