Homemade Pesto is simply divine. We grow a beautiful garden, you can check out How our Garden grows and get a look at it from seeds to harvest. We have a ton of Basil right now AND one my favorite things to make with Basil is Homemade Pesto. It is SO easy and just about the best thing you can make with fresh Basil 🙂
- Homemade Pesto
- 1⅓ C basil leaves, loosely packed
- 4 Tbsp pine nuts
- ⅔ C freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅔ C olive oil
- Place basil leaves, garlic, salt, pepper, and pine nuts in a blender or food processor; pulse until chopped.
- Scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Gradually add olive oil in a steady stream. Add parmesan cheese and pulse to blend. yields 1 cup.
Now that you have this beautiful Homemade Pesto… your probably wondering what to do with it, right? Well, don’t you worry. Tomorrow I’m sharing a savory dinner dish that will use this fabulous Homemade Pesto in 🙂
Have a look at these other recipes that use Fresh Basil too…
Happy Cooking AND Happy weekend cuz it’s FRIDAY!! Yeah 🙂