Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are part of a progressive tailgate party today!!
A blogging friend of mine, Camille, invited me to join in this progressive blog-hopping-tailgate-party! I’m so excited to be involved!! What a fabulous idea AND a fun way to get 5 new recipes to use for your next tailgate party… after all football season is just about to begin!
Be sure to check out these other sites and enjoy their course of this tailgate PAR-TAY!
Camille, Growing Up Gabel – http://growingupgabel.com/?p=
Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Ruth, What’s Cooking with Ruthie – http://cookingwithruthie.com/2012/08/23/bacon-wrapped-chicken-bites/
Dip: Slow Cooker Spicy Sausage Nacho Dip!
Main Dish: Burgers with Bacon and Onion Jam!
Dessert: Are you ready for some football and tailgate cupcakes!
AND Here’s the recipe for WCw/R’s appetizer…
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- ½ C ketchup
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced ( I used Gourmet Garden)
- ½ tsp Gourmet Garden red chili pepper or ¼ tsp dried red chili pepper
- 4 chicken tenders, cut into ½ inch slices
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 2½ inch sections
- 24 wooden toothpicks or mini skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients, mix well.
- Next, wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken piece and secure with wooden skewer.
- Cover the entire bacon wrapped chicken with sauce using a basting brush.
- Set on a broiler pan.
- Repeat with each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or when bacon is crispy, basting with remaining sauce half way through cook time.
** Have you heard of the Gourmet Garden Fresh Herbs?? They are fantastic and I’ll be posting more recipes using them next week!! They’re SO easy to use and it’s just like having fresh herbs right in your fridge! I LOVE them 🙂
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites… are a mouth-watering game time appetizer that I whipped together!! AND I hope you have a fabulous time on this blog-hop-progressive-tailgate-party!! Just click on the links above to visit the other sites for more delicious recipes!