4th of July Watermelon Appetizer is beautifully Patriotic!
AND a fun way to start off any 4th of July celebration! It’s also a fun kitchen craft to let the kids help with… just cookie cutters and toothpicks!! AND that’s just about as safe as it gets
You’ll LOVE how easy and fun these 4th of July Watermelon Appetizers are to make AND they taste really amazing too!! I’m a ‘cheese with fruit’ kinda gal though… I love apples with cheese too
I wanted to start sprinkling in some fun 4th of July recipes here and there just keep things interesting!! SO, more to come…
I linked up this recipe to Brassy Apple Make it Monday
I linked up this recipe to Skip to Lou Made by Monday
I linked up this recipe to It Overflowing with Creativity
I linked up this recipe to Tatertots & Jello’s Weekend Wrap up
Also The Creative Girl Something I just Whipped up
and Six Sister’s Stuff Strut your Stuff Weekend!
- 2 slices of watermelon, cut as thick as the cookie cutter
- 5 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 20 blueberries
- 10 decorated toothpicks
- 1 large star cookie cutter
- 1 small star cookie cutter
- Remove the rind form the sliced watermelon, set on cutting board.
- Using the large star cookie cutter, cut out star shaped pieces (I got 5 per slice).
- Using the small star cookie cutter, cut out cheese stars (I got 2 per slice). Arrange watermelon stars on serving platter, place cheese stars on top, thread 2 blueberries on each toothpick and pierce through the center of each appetizer.
- Keep refrigerated until serving!