Spiced Sour Cream Waffles are just lovely for a Sunday morning brunch… which is a MUST DO around our house! Nothing like a lazy Sunday morning with a nice late Brunch to refuel the family for the up coming week!! These waffles are made with 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour, low fat sour cream, and just a titch of butter. The combination is wonderful… with just the right amount of spice Give these Spiced Sour Cream Waffles a try today!
* I adapted this recipe from a taste of home magazine
Spiced Sour Cream Waffles are not heavy waffles… they’re light and yummy and perfect for my taste!! I’m sure you all will love them too!
- ¾ C all purpose flour
- ¾ C whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 whole eggs and 2 egg whites
- 1 C fat free or 1% milk
- ¾ C low fat sour cream
- ½ C firm packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, vanilla in another bowl.
- Stir wet into dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Bake in heated, sprayed waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve with fresh berries and a dust of powder sugar.